- Image Gallery
Mastering Compressor with selectable Class A transformer coupled output
TK Audio’s vision is to make products that will satisfy our customers needs. During years of success with our BC1 we got a lot of requests of customize units with stepped controls, more suitable for mastering. Therefore we now launch BC2-ME, a unit perfect for mastering. Except for the stepped controls we also added some nice features like illuminated switches, switchable output-stage between electronically-balanced or transformer balanced class-A.
BC2-ME uses the same basic sound path as the BC1, plus the extra features. The class-A mode offers a more vintage tone, like fat, punchy low-end response with more low mid character. The output section is the same as we use in the DP1mk3. BC2-ME also has a switch that adds extra "even" harmonics to the compressed signal. The blend control offers 21 steps from straight to compressed signal.
- All rotary controls stepped.
- All push buttons illuminated. Soft light when not engaged.
- THD switch, adds extra harmonics (even) to the compressed signal.
- Improved VCA circuit.
- True bypass.
- Five HPF frequencies.
- Gain-reduction meter with 20 LED’s, 0.5dB resolution.
- Ratio starts at 1.25:1
- Threshold -20dB to +20dB. 41 steps.
- Make-up gain 0 to 10dB, 41 steps.
- Output switchable between electronically-balanced or transformer-balanced class-A built around heavy Carnhill transformers.
- Balanced, external side-chain inputs.
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB
- Ratio: 1.25:1 / 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 4:1 / 10:1
- Attack: UF(ultrafast) /0.1/0.3/0.6/1/3/10/30/60/120mS
- Release: 50mS/100mS/300mS/600mS/1.2S/Auto
- HP Filter: 75Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 150Hz, 250Hz -6dB octave
- Compressioni In/out
- External sidechain: in/out
- Dual or single sidechain detectors
- THD: adds extra even harmonics
- Class-A: selects the transformerbalanced class-A output stage
- Straight signal mute
- LED gainreduction meter in 0.5dB steps
- Make-up: 0 to +10dB in 41 steps
- Blendcontrol: from straight to compressed in 21 steps
- Balanced input: 40kohm impedance
- Balanced output: 100ohm impedance
- External sidechaininput: balanced TRS jacks
- Internal, regulated powersupply with a toroidal transformer
- 115 or 230V, selectable.
Noise flooor: below 104dBm
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz, less than -0.3dB
Distortion: less than 0.006% THD+N, @ +8dBm
Max output: +26dBm @ 600ohms load