- Image Gallery
Compressor / Limiter pair derived from the classic Neve 2254, in API VPR 10 slot psu
54F50 pair in custom API VPR 10 slot psu with mono/stereo switch.
The Audio Maintenance 54F50 is a Class A, hand-built, British compressor and limiter module derived from the Neve 2254 design. It occupies three slots in a 500 series rack.
Fully populated with Carnhill transformers to achieve its distinctive classic sound the AML 54F50 is built to the highest spec with only the finest components used in the manufacture.
Capable of offering the sound and performance previously only offered in vintage console units now long defunct and largely unavailable, the 54F50 from Audio Maintenance is built to an uncompromisingly high standard and as such represents great value for money.
This high-end hand-built British module provides an affordable solution for the modern cost conscious studio.
· Classic 4 stage (Class A) amplifier, 4 transformer design
· All discrete component (no surface mount devices)
· Entirely hand assembled and tested in the England to exacting quality standards.
· Line Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Mu-metal screened Classic VTB9046), 10k Input Impedance
· Interstage: Carnhill Mu-metal screened Classic VTB9045 and VTB9046
· Line Output: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic full size output transformer)
· Compressor: (Class A) amplifier design
· Ratio 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1 & 6:1
· Dual attack speeds (Fast = 5mS, Slow = 25mS) *
· Make-up gain 0dB to 20dB in 2dB steps
· Recovery (release) 400mS, 800mS, 1.6S & Auto
· Threshold –20dBu to +10dBu
· Limiter: (Class A) amplifier design
· Dual attack speeds (Fast = 100uS, Slow = 5mS) *
· Recovery (release) 100mS, 200mS, 800mS & Auto
· Threshold +4dBu to +12dBu (in 1dB steps)
· Stereo link via either the backplane edge connector, an XLR or both
· Illuminated meter selectable for input, output or gain reduction metering.
· Power off signal bypass
· Entirely stainless steel chassis.
· Total current consumption 150mA (per unit)
* These are the default factory settings however the;
Compressor “Fast” may be internally jumper selected to 0.5mS
Compressor “Slow” may be internally jumper selected to 50mS
Limiter “Fast” may be internally jumper selected to 1mS
Limiter “Slow” may be internally jumper selected to 25mS