- Image Gallery
Based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 mid-band EQ, the MID-500 500-Series Passive EQ provides 3 bands of equalization centered on a selectable mid-frequency dip. It’s construction includes handwound transformers, inductors, capacitors, and transistors all geared towards supplying a vintage tone reminiscent of the MEQ-5.
Your Key to Better Mixes
The MID-500 is a passive 500 Series equalizer based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 filters.
It's completely discrete and uses only handwound transformers, inductors, capacitors and transistors in the signal chain.
Passive equalizer loss is restored by an op-amp - so your overall result is unity gain. The MID-500's high-quality construction
includes handwound transformers, inductors, capacitors, and transistors - all geared towards delivering a vintage sound
reminiscent of the legendary MEQ-5. We know that the mid band is critical when it comes to great-sounding recordings.
With the MID-500 in your rack, you'll be in command of this all-important region.
Control your "power region"
Based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 solid-state mid-band equalizer, MID-500 500-Series Passive EQ provides
three bands of EQ anchored by a mid-frequency dip (selectable from 12 frequencies spanning a range of 200Hz to 7kHz).
High peaking is provided at 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, and 5kHz. Low peaking is selectable at 200, 300, 500, 700, and 1000Hz.
This arrangement gives you exacting control over what Pultec famously called the "power region" of your program material
- the frequency range in which most of the sound energy is concentrated. Having macro control over the power region is your key
to better mixes that translate to the world outside your studio.
Lindell Audio MID-500 500 Series EQ Features at a Glance:
* A passive 3-band equalizer based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5 filters:
* Mid-frequency dip selectable from 12 frequencies (200Hz to 7kHz)
* High-frequency peaking at 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, and 5kHz
* Low-frequency peaking selectable at 200, 300, 500, 700, and 1000Hz
* Handwound transformers, inductors, capacitors, and transistors
* Requires compatible 500 Series chassis
- Power Requirements:+/- 16V
- Mid-frequency dip selectable 200, 250, 300, 500, 700, 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000Hz
- High-frequency peaking selectable at 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, and 5kHz
- Low-frequency peaking selectable at 200, 300, 500, 700, and 1000Hz
- Input Impedance: 10kohm Transformer Balanced
- Output Load Impedance: 70ohm Transformer Balanced
- Frequency Response: +/- 1dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain: Unity,(+/- 12db)
- Dimensions: 133,35 mm x 38,1 mm