- Image Gallery
3-way active monitor with MEME voice emulation
Barefoot Sound's Footprint line of powered nearfield monitors delivers the company's uncompromising audio performance and build quality to engineers, producers, composers and musicians working in smaller spaces and with smaller budgets.
The Footprint01 is a active 3-way speaker that shares the same Thomas Barefoot signature designs Dual-Force technology opposing sub woofers, dual ring radiator tweeter and Multi-Emphasis Monitor Emulation technology as the MicroMain and MasterStack monitor lines. Footprint01 features dual opposing 8-inch paper cone subwoofers, a 4-inch aluminium cone midrange driver and a 1-inch dual ring radiating tweeter, components that all share a lineage with Barefoot's other products.
The 2-way DSP crossover feeds dual Class D amplifier modules that drive the subwoofers with 500W of power and deliver 150W to the mid- and high-frequency drivers. There is a passive crossover network between the midrange driver and the tweeter. The midrange woofer is positioned above the tweeter in an unusual speaker geometry that creates the acoustic focus in the center of the cabinet.
Thomas Barefoot's approach to reference monitor speaker design has always been to provide audio professionals with exemplary sound quality, wide dynamic range and bass extension at every stage of the audio production process, from recording through mixing to mastering. But not every project begins or ends in a high-end studio that offers Barefoot MicroMain or MasterStack monitors. The new Footprint01 model is Barefoot Sound's response to evolving modern workflows, making the company's ultra-high performance technologies available to audio professionals working in home-based facilities, smaller writing, editing or post production rooms, or on the road. Now, composers, songwriters, musicians, beat-makers, post production specialists and others can benefit from the Barefoot sound, whatever their work environment.
- Analog Input: XLR female, Pin 1 ground, Pin 2 positive, Pin 3 negative, Input Impedance = 50k Ohms, Input Sensitivity (1m) = 90 dB @ -15 dBV (pass band)
- Analog to Digital Conversion: Word Length: 24 bit, Sample Rate: 192 kHz, Oversampling = 128x, Signal/Noise 125 dB
- Frequency Response 36 Hz - 45 kHz (+/- 3 dB ), 45 Hz - 40 kHz (+/- 1 dB )
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 36 Hz, Q = 0.707, Slope = 12 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 19 liters total internal volume, Sealed subwoofer and midbass enclosures, Machined aluminum baffle plate, Subwoofer frames function as lateral cabinet bracing, Long fiber wool acoustic damping throughout
- Crossover Frequencies: 250 / 3600 Hz
- Tweeter: 1" ring radiator, Low distortion motor, Rear waveguide chamber, Amplifier: 150W
- Midrange: 4.0" aluminum cone, Aluminum phase plug, Low distortion motor, +/- 3.5 mm linear excursion, Amplifier: 150W
- Woofers: 2 x 8" paper cone with low distortion motor, +/- 9.5 mm linear excursion, Amplifier: 500W
- Power: Mains Voltage Input: 85 VAC to 265 VAC universal, Idle Power Consumption = 2W, Maximum Power Consumption = 765 W
- Weight: Speaker: 35 lbs each (16 kg)
- Shipping: 44.5 lbs each (20.2 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: Cabinet: 14.0 x 9.5 x 13.0 inches (356 x 241 x 330 mm), Overall: 14.0 x 10.4 x 13.4 inches (356 x 263 x 341 mm)