- Image Gallery
Classic Tube Opto Compressor
Premium Components in every Warm Audio product.
The WA-2A is a high-voltage, Class-A opto-compressor, utilzing large-core CineMag USA Transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell - considered by many to be the world’s finest.
A Four Tube Operation.
The WA-2A operates on four tubes: two 12AX7’s, one 12BH7, and one 6P1J. We proudly use Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix brand tubes in the signal path, which sound very 'open' and LARGE. All 4 tubes are socketed for easy swapping and replacement.
'2A Style Optical Compressor - Made Affordable.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic '2A-style optical compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A style circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto tube compressor.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers.
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator.
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path.
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells.
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering.
- Stereo-link capability.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance.
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz.
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB.
- Input Level +16 dB maximum.
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum.
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm.
- Noise = -74dB.
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds.
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release.
- 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release.
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output.
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz.
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5".
- Weight - 12 lbs.